星期二, 10月 25, 2011

Petite Fashion Challenge no. 11 - Vacation Vogue

SkiPetite is hosting the Petite Fashion Challenge #11:



The challenge:

Put together an outfit made for sightseeing. It should be one that will be comfortable for walking around in and can last you from the early morning until dinner and drinks in the evening.


Yes! With limited wardrobe that needs to be portable and still works for all occasions, vacation vogue is the ultimate fashion challenge!

Little Travel Dress



I decided to make use of my little dress from Urban Outfitter to style for my upcoming vacation to Singapore and Taiwan in November. The perfect travel dress needs to be following:
- Hand-washable and easy to dry.
- Room in the stomach area for eating a lot during vacation!
- Good for casual occasions but can still go to restaurants



I love Urban Outfitter dresses because they are mostly made for teenage girls so they are shorter and smaller which fit my petite size perfectly!

As for the shoes, they are actually more difficult to choose because there are not many that are comfortable and dressy at the same time. To be honest I haven't found a pair of perfect travel shoes. Between tennis shoes and 3-inch heels, I picked the Enzo Angiolini Liberty flats which are somewhat reasonable that can be worn for miles of walk, and they cover the toes so they are not too terrible for restaurants. The best feature is that they can be slipped on and off easily so they are very convenient for airport security checks.



Singapore is very warm, but with very strong AC in buildings. Therefore I'm bringing a cardigan with me for the evenings and indoors. The cardigan is light-weight and can be tucked inside my purse when not used. For dinners I'm using a ribbon as a belt for a more refined look.

Speaking of handbags, the coach bag in the picture is my favorite bag. It has two straps so it is perfect for traveling. I usually use the short strap in all occasions, but the long strap can be used across the shoulder to guard my bag better for busy local market visits.

My trip consists 3 places with different weather:

Singapore


Dress: Urban Outfitter
Cardigan: J.Crew
Shoes: Enzo Angiolini
Bags: Coach

Taipei


Dress: Urban Outfitter
Cardigan: Mango
Stockings: Anthropologie
Clogs: Clark

For cooler autumn weather, I'm adding a pair of thin stockings and a mohair cardigan. The Clark clogs are also easy for slipping on and off so they are my default airplane shoes.

A bonus feature of my little red sweater is for my husband to easily identify me among thousands of petite Asian women on the crowded street, in case he gets lost. :)

San Francisco


Dress: Urban Outfitter
Shawl: El Corte Inglés (Spain)
Stockings: Zara
Clogs: Clark

The weather in San Francisco is very cold in November. I'll be wrapping myself with the wool shawl that I got in Spain.

A bonus feature of the shawl is to double as a blanket on the airplane, if the air hostess forgets to give me a blanket (which usually happens) or if the air conditioning is too cold.

Of course, there is no need to bring more clothes -- the most important thing of traveling to Asia is to bring an empty suitcase and fill it up with travel finds!! Filled with millions and millions of petite women, Asia is the ultimate petite fashion shopping paradise!!

This is my vacation vogue challenge answer. What is yours? :)

標籤: ,

12 Comentario(s):

At 10/25/2011 5:46 下午, Blogger Ski Petite said...

Good tip on the shawl as blanket. I always bring extra socks for the plane, too, because my feet always get cold. Have a great vacation. How exciting to go to so many places!

 
At 10/25/2011 5:50 下午, Blogger Stylepint said...

Super cute outfit...love the different ways you're wearing the dress. =)

 
At 10/25/2011 6:22 下午, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow great job! I love the "room for food" that's especially important LOL! And thanks for showing all the ways to wear that dress for different cities!

 
At 10/25/2011 6:39 下午, Blogger CynthiaC said...

I have to LOL at the "room for food" part too...I've never thought of pairing black/dark coloured flats with an orange dress like that though...would have stuck with brown/tan/nude!

 
At 10/25/2011 7:29 下午, Blogger Unknown said...

I was reading through the entries of the Petite Fashion Challenge #11, 無意間看到妳的布洛格, 妳的花裙子很可愛 =)

 
At 10/25/2011 11:14 下午, Blogger Miss LK said...

Yeah, I remember the dress - you looked great in it! LOVE the 3 ways you utilize the casual ensemble and cannot wait to see you in Singapore :)

 
At 10/26/2011 8:58 上午, Blogger material girl said...

Ski Petite,
Extra socks is a good idea! My feel are always freezing so I usually have to wear my shoes on the plane. :P
Thanks for hosting the fashion challenge!

Stylepint,
Thanks! :) I got the idea from a previous petite fashion challenge!

Elaine A (TOBeautyReviews),
Thanks. :) Yes room for food is super important!! :P

CynthiaC,
Brown would go well with orange too. I picked black because most of my flats are black... (no other choices :P)

Melissa,
Thank you. :) Urban Outfitter has a lot of cute floral dresses!

Miss LK,
Can't wait to see you~~~~ I had to take the picture in some special posture to hide my ugly legs... (My dad was absolutely right that I should cover them T_T)

 
At 10/26/2011 11:18 上午, Blogger Alterations Needed said...

Ah, yes...shoes that are easy to slip on and off for airport security are a must! I like how you styled your outfit for different city climates!

 
At 10/26/2011 7:02 下午, Anonymous 勤文 said...

What a stunning,gorgeous lady!
These dresses look perfect .

 
At 10/27/2011 8:35 上午, Blogger material girl said...

Alterations Needed,
Thanks. :) I wore timberland boots to airport once and spent a lot of time tying and untying the shoe laces! After that I learned my lesson. :P

勤文,
Thank you for your kind word. :)

 
At 10/27/2011 7:15 下午, Blogger LilyChen said...

I especially like the going to dinner style, looks very elegant! If you don't join this challenge, I wouldn't know that you are so skinny!! I admire your thin legs. And the dress is very cute, and you also! I laughed when I saw you marked "room for food", haha.

 
At 10/30/2011 4:29 下午, Blogger material girl said...

LilyChen,
Thank you very much for the praise. :) Yes I am skinny and short... :P Unfortunately my legs are not straight so it took me an effort to take the picture so that they don't look too horrible.
Yes! I'm getting ready to eat a lot during my vacation so room for food is a must!! :D~

 

張貼留言

<< Home